Jump to Main Content
- Orford, Simon, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Crop science 2007 v.47 no.1 pp. 343-349
- Triticum aestivum; winter wheat; plant breeding; genetic variation; cultivars; microsatellite repeats; genetic markers; genotype; alleles; temporal variation; Europe
- ... The objective of this study was to assess whether modern plant breeding has led to any loss of genetic diversity in modern European winter wheat varieties (Triticum aestivum L.). For this purpose, a collection of 511 widely grown winter wheat varieties of Central and Northern Europe was genotyped with 42 microsatellite markers. In the varieties representing the National List of the UK during the 1 ...
- Orford, Simon, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of experimental botany 2007 v.58 no.13 pp. 3749-3764
- Triticum monococcum subsp. monococcum; breeding; crops; endosperm; genes; genetic variation; genomics; germination; grain protein; linear models; loci; microsatellite repeats; phenotypic variation; provenance; salt stress; texture; wheat
- ... Einkorn wheat Triticum monococcum (2n=2x=14, AmAm) is one of the earliest domesticated crops. However, it was abandoned for cultivation before the Bronze Age and has infrequently been used in wheat breeding. Little is known about the genetic variation in adaptively important biological traits in T. monococcum. A collection of 30 accessions of diverse geographic origins were characterized for pheno ...