Jump to Main Content
- Filella, I., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Biologia plantarum 2007 v.51 no.2 pp. 372-376
- Quercus ilex; air; chromatography; emissions; fumigation; leaves; mass spectrometry; methyl salicylate; monoterpenoids; temperature
- ... We aimed to assess the potential effects of fumigation by methyl salicylate (MeSA) on plant monoterpene production and emissions. We evaluated monoterpene production and emissions both by chromatographic and proton transfer reaction mass spectrometry at the whole plant-and leaf-scales, in MeSa-fumigated (ca. 60 mm³ m-³ in air) and control (without MeSa fumigation) holm oak (Quercus ilex L.) plants ...
- Filella, I., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Soil biology & biochemistry 2007 v.39 no.10 pp. 2471-2484
- forest soils; carbon dioxide; soil respiration; volatile organic compounds; drought; gas exchange; dry environmental conditions; wet environmental conditions; soil water content; temporal variation; monoterpenoids
- ... Climate models predict drier conditions in the next decades in the Mediterranean basin. Given the importance of soil CO2 efflux in the global carbon balance and the important role of soil monoterpene and volatile organic compounds (VOCs) in soil ecology, we aimed to study the effects of the predicted drought on soil CO2, monoterpenes and other VOC exchange rates and their seasonal and interannual ...