Jump to Main Content
- Zhao, Jie-Tang, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Plant cell, tissue, and organ culture 2007 v.90 no.2 pp. 191-200
- protoplasts; dose response; zeatin; explants; culture media; Musa acuminata; somatic embryogenesis; benzyladenine; micropropagation; in vitro regeneration; bananas; somatic embryos
- ... A protocol for plant regeneration from protoplasts of Musa acuminata cv. Mas (AA) via somatic embryogenesis was developed. Viable protoplasts were isolated from embryogenic cell suspensions at a yield of 1.2 x 10⁷ protoplasts/ml packed cell volume (PCV). Liquid and feeder layer culture systems with medium-A and medium-B were used for protoplast culture. In liquid culture system, medium-B was more ...
- Zhao, Jie-Tang, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Plant cell reports 2007 v.26 no.10 pp. 1755-1762
- Agrobacterium; Musa acuminata; bananas; cell suspension culture; coculture; cultivars; genes; hematocrit; tissues; transfer DNA; transgenic plants; South East Asia
- ... A high efficient protocol of Agrobacterium-mediated transformation of Musa acuminata cv. Mas (AA), a major banana variety of the South East Asia region, was developed in this study. Male-flower-derived embryogenic cell suspensions (ECS) were co-cultivated in liquid medium with Agrobacterium strain EHA105 harboring a binary vector pCAMBIA2301 carrying nptII and gusA gene in the T-DNA. Depending upo ...