Jump to Main Content
- Vietmeier, J.; Niedorf, F.; Bäumer, W.; Martin, C.; Deegen, E.; Ohnesorge, B.; Kietzmann, M.
- Veterinary research communications 2007 v.31 no.5 pp. 611-619
- respiratory system agents, etc ; microscopy; viability; muscle contraction; image analysis; cell culture; respiratory tract diseases; bronchoconstriction; lungs; digital images; horses; breathing; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... A study was performed to evaluate the use of precision-cut lung slices (PCLS) for studies on the contraction of equine airways. Lungs of 10 horses were taken to prepare PCLS of [tilde]250 μm from equine lung tissue using a special microtome. The lung slices were cultured and the enclosed small airways were monitored using a microscope with coupled digital camera, which was used to determine the ai ...
- Hirt, R.A.; Vondrakova, K.; Arespacochaga, A.G. de; Gutl, A.; Hoven, R. van den
- Veterinary journal 2007 v.173 no.1 pp. 62-72
- respiratory system agents, etc ; cadmium; inhalation exposure; respiratory physiology; histamine; carbachol; inflammation; respiratory tract diseases; dogs; veterinary medicine; adenosine monophosphate; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... The effects of pharmacological bronchoprovocation on airflow patterns and surrogate respiratory parameters assessed by barometric whole body plethysmography (BWBP) were investigated in healthy dogs, previously exposed to cadmium chloride inhalation. BWBP-derived respiratory variables were calculated (1) at baseline and (2) following nebulisation of increasing concentrations of histamine, carbachol ...