Jump to Main Content
- Li, M.H.; Peterson, B.C.; Janes, C.L.; Robinson, E.H.
- Aquaculture 2006 v.253 no.1-4 pp. 628
- Ictalurus punctatus; catfish; freshwater fish; animal growth; body composition; insulin-like growth factor I; feed intake; feed conversion; mortality; fish culture; freshwater aquaculture; fish feeding; feeds; feed composition; dietary protein; fish meal; dose response
- ... A 3 x 3 factorial experiment was conducted in flow-through aquaria to evaluate effects of diets, containing 0%, 4%, or 8% menhaden fish meal, on growth performance, body composition, and insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-1) of juvenile channel catfish of Mississippi "normal" (MN), NWAC103 [formally known as USDA103], or USDA303 strains. Twenty fish with an average weight of 4.7+/-0.1 g fish(-1) (+ ...
- Bader, J.A.; Moore, S.A.; Nusbaum, K.E.
- Aquaculture 2006 v.253 no.1-4 pp. 1
- Ictalurus punctatus; catfish; freshwater fish; fish diseases; mortality; bacterial infections; Flavobacterium columnare; animal pathogenic bacteria; fish culture; freshwater aquaculture; animal disease models
- ... We evaluated four methods of acute cutaneous injury: physical abrasion, hot and cold branding, and chemical scalds, to predispose channel catfish (Ictalurus punctatus) to columnaris disease, caused by the Bacterium Flavobacterium columnare. Only physical abrasion (PA) and hot branding (HB) produced lasting alterations of epithelial architecture. Immersion challenge of PA or HB fish 108 cfu/ml viru ...