Jump to Main Content
- Kondiah, K.; Albertyn, J.; Bragg, R. R.
- Archives of virology 2006 v.151 no.12 pp. 2539-2545
- Beak and feather disease virus, etc ; budgerigars; genes; genetic variation; South Africa; Show all 5 Subjects
- ... A study on the genetic variation of Beak and feather disease virus (BFDV) isolates in South Africa was performed by amplifying and sequencing a region within the ORF1 of the genome. Six different BFDV isolates were found in 15 psittacine species from 6 regions within South Africa, representing three unique isolates and three isolates that clustered into a budgerigar lineage (BG) previously describ ...
- Hsu, C.M.; Ko, C.Y.; Tsai, H.J.
- Avian diseases 2006 v.50 no.3 pp. 348-353
- Beak and feather disease virus, etc ; epidemiological studies; sequence analysis; disease detection; viral diseases of animals and humans; disease prevalence; polymerase chain reaction; phylogeny; Psittaciformes; amino acid sequences; Aves polyomavirus 1; genomics; nucleotide sequences; bird diseases; molecular epidemiology; budgerigars; microbial genetics; disease incidence; Taiwan; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Avian polyomavirus (APV) and psittacine beak and feather disease virus (PBFDV) are the most common viral diseases of psittacine birds. In Taiwan, however, the existence of these viruses in psittacine birds has not been established. Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) methodology was therefore employed to ascertain whether APV and PBFDV genomes were present in isolates from psittacine birds of Taiwan. ...