Jump to Main Content
- Eskridge, Kent M., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Soil Science Society of America journal 2006 v.70 no.5 pp. 1480
- soil microorganisms; species diversity; community structure; fatty acids; electrical conductivity; soil physical properties; soil chemical properties; soil organic matter; soil biological properties; Zea mays; corn; agricultural soils; soil bacteria; mycorrhizal fungi; soil fungi; Nebraska
- ... Soils exhibit spatial variability in their properties. One approach for delineating field-scale variability involves mapping the variation in apparent soil electrical conductivity (ECa). The objectives of this study were to evaluate the physical and chemical soil characteristics that define ECa classification and the association of specific soil microbiological communities with these soil properti ...
- Eskridge, Kent M., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Crop science 2006 v.46 no.3 pp. 1291
- Triticum aestivum; winter wheat; grain yield; environmental factors; variety trials; field experimentation; cultivars; genotype-environment interaction; plant breeding; plant adaptation; genotype; plant stress; Nebraska; Midwestern United States
- ... Crossover interactions (COIs) are changes in ranks among cultivars across environments. Breeders are concerned about COIs because their frequency affects how well rankings from one environment predict rankings in another environment. This research was undertaken to determine the frequency and distribution of COIs for grain yield within years in two regional trials of winter wheat (L.). The trials ...