Jump to Main Content
- Chatasiri, Sinchai; Kitade, Osamu; Ono, Yoshitaka
- Mycoscience 2006 v.47 no.3 pp. 123-129
- Patrinia, etc ; Hemerocallis; Hosta; Puccinia; fungi; hosts; internal transcribed spacers; phylogeny; polymerase chain reaction; ribosomal DNA; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Puccinia hemerocallidis and P. funkiae resemble each other morphologically; however, they are biologically and taxonomically distinct, with telia of the former being restricted to species of Hemerocallis and the latter to Hosta species. However, both fungi share a macrocyclic and heteroecious life cycle with Patrinia villosa as the spermogonial and aecial host. An additional microcyclic rust fungu ...
- Chiu, L.C.M.; Ho, T.S.; Wong, E.Y.L.; Ooi, V.E.C.
- Journal of ethnopharmacology 2006 v.105 no.1-2 pp. 263-268
- Patrinia, etc ; medicinal plants; chemical constituents of plants; plant extracts; medicinal properties; apoptosis; breast neoplasms; liver neoplasms; carcinoma; melanoma; lung neoplasms; prostatic neoplasms; adenocarcinoma; antineoplastic agents; Oriental traditional medicine; herbal medicines; ethnobotany; China; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Patrinia scabiosaefolia Fisch. is a Chinese medicinal herb used traditionally for treating intestinal carbuncle. Although Patrinia scabiosaefolia has also been suggested for cancer therapy, there has not been any scientific evidence supporting this application. In this study, a panel of human cancer cells, including breast carcinoma MCF-7; hepatocellular carcinoma HepG2; skin melanoma A375; lung c ...