Jump to Main Content
- Kaneko, Yoshikatsu; Nimmerjahn, Falk; Ravetch, Jeffrey V.
- Science 2006 v.313 no.5787 pp. 670-673
- antigen-antibody complex, etc ; anti-inflammatory activity; antibodies; cytotoxicity; immune response; immunoglobulin G; intravenous injection; polysaccharides; receptors; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... Immunoglobulin G (IgG) mediates pro- and anti-inflammatory activities through the engagement of its Fc fragment (Fc) with distinct Fcg receptors (FcgRs). One class of Fc-FcgR interactions generates pro-inflammatory effects of immune complexes and cytotoxic antibodies. In contrast, therapeutic intravenous gamma globulin and its Fc fragments are anti-inflammatory. We show here that these distinct pr ...
- Schlessinger, Avner; Ofran, Yanay; Yachdav, Guy; Rost, Burkhard
- Nucleic acids research 2006 v.34 pp. D777
- antigen-antibody complex, etc ; B-lymphocytes; antibodies; antigen-antibody reactions; chemical elements; databases; epitopes; experimental design; immunoglobulins; models; nucleic acids; protein-protein interactions; vaccines; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Immunoglobulin molecules specifically recognize particular areas on the surface of proteins. These areas are commonly dubbed B-cell epitopes. The identification of epitopes in proteins is important both for the design of experiments and vaccines. Additionally, the interactions between epitopes and antibodies have often served as a model for protein-protein interactions. One of the main obstacles i ...