Jump to Main Content
- Raymond, H.A.; Bondoc, M.; McGinnis, J.; Metropulos, K.; Heider, P.; Reed, A.; Saines, S.
- Ground water 2006 v.44 no.1 pp. 16-23
- public water supply, etc ; mathematical models; groundwater contamination; pollution control; land use; aquifers; wellhead protection; drinking water; groundwater; hydrologic models; Ohio; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Since 1999, Ohio EPA hydrogeologists have used two analytic element models (AEMs), the proprietary software GFLOW and U.S. EPA's WhAEM, to delineate protection areas for 535 public water systems. Both models now use the GFLOW2001 solution engine, integrate well with Geographic Information System (GIS) technology, have a user-friendly graphical interface, are capable of simulating a variety of comp ...
- Kolb, A.; Puttmann, W.
- Water research 2006 v.40 no.19 pp. 3551-3558
- public water supply, etc ; chemical concentration; pollution control; groundwater contamination; geographical variation; urban areas; pollutants; aquifers; gasoline; groundwater; wells; factories; Germany; United States; Show all 14 Subjects
- Stuart, Marianne E.; Gooddy, Daren C.; Hughes, Andrew G.; Jackson, Christopher R.
- Ground water monitoring & remediation 2006 v.26 no.4 pp. 128-136
- public water supply, etc ; groundwater contamination; groundwater flow; water treatment; aquifers; watersheds; nonpoint source pollution; hydrologic models; land use; wells; pesticides; sandstone; England; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... In the UK, increasing numbers of pesticides are being detected in ground water as monitoring programs are developed and analytic techniques are refined. This study describes the investigation of pesticides at a site on the Triassic Sandstone aquifer of northern England. Drilling and pore water sampling demonstrated the presence of agricultural herbicides in the unsaturated zone of the aquifer clos ...