Jump to Main Content
- Fang, S.; Yang, W.; Tian, Y.
- New forests 2006 v.31 no.3 pp. 373-383
- wood quality, etc ; X-ray diffraction; Populus; clones; wood fibers; trees; height; microstructure; growth rings; wood properties; clonal variation; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... among tree heights. Correlation analysis showed that the correlation between MFAs from rings 5 to 11 at breast height was significant, while whole-tree values of each growth ring were significantly correlated with the corresponding MFA at breast height. The results of this study provide some basis for genetic selection of poplar trees based on wood-quality criteria and for devising appropriate ...
- Karlsson, B.; Swedjemark, G.
- Scandinavian journal of forest research 2006 v.21 no.2 pp. 108-114
- wood quality, etc ; genetic variation; decay resistance; forest trees; Picea abies; growth traits; decayed wood; decay fungi; root rot; clones; heritability; economic analysis; timber production; forest yields; forest economics; sampling; statistical analysis; Sweden; Show all 18 Subjects