Jump to Main Content
- Groenendijk, P.; Kroes, J.G.; Dam, J.C. van
- Vadose zone journal 2006 v.5 no.1 pp. 126-127
- vadose zone; soil water movement; unsaturated flow; mathematical models; hydrologic models; equations
- Chapuis, Robert P.; Chesnaux, Romain
- Ground water 2006 v.44 no.4 pp. 600-603
- aquifers; equations; pumps; saturated flow; unsaturated flow; wells
- ... A solution is given for the travel time to a well pumping an ideal, horizontal unconfined aquifer, under steady-state conditions, when recharge from infiltration is negligible. Three forms of the solution are provided: a closed-form solution, an integral to be calculated in a worksheet, and a simple equation. The three forms of the solution give travel times nearly identical to those obtained usin ...
- Ippisch, O.; Vogel, H.J.; Bastian, P.
- Advances in water resources 2006 v.29 no.12 pp. 1780-1789
- macropores; mathematical models; clay soils; unsaturated hydraulic conductivity; infiltration (hydrology); porous media; unsaturated flow; Richards' equation; loam soils; sand; soil water characteristic