Jump to Main Content
- Iacomini, M., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Carbohydrate polymers 2006 v.66 no.2 pp. 252-257
- functional foods; chemical composition; fractionation; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; methylation; freeze-thaw cycles; Pleurotus eryngii; mushrooms; degradation; hot water treatment; beta-glucans; fruiting bodies; chemical structure; Pleurotus ostreatus
- ... The glucans of basidiomycetes are an important class of polysaccharides with potential biological activities. In this work, the β-glucans were isolated from the fruiting bodies of edible mushrooms, Pleurotus eryngii and Pleurotus ostreatoroseus, via extraction with hot water, and then fractionation by freeze-thawing. The insoluble glucans gave similar 13C NMR spectra, monosaccharide composition an ...
- Iacomini, M., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Phytochemistry 2006 v.67 no.19 pp. 2189-2196
- glycosidic linkages; monosaccharides; methylation; glucans; Flammulina velutipes; carbohydrate composition; spectral analysis; mushrooms
- ... Two polysaccharides were isolated from the basidiomycete Flammulina velutipes, via successive hot extraction with water, 2% and 25% aq. KOH, and then submitted to freeze-drying. The precipitate formed by repeated freeze-thawing from the 2% aq. KOH extraction PK2 was analyzed by determination of its monosaccharide composition, as well as by methylation analyses using GC-MS, mono- (13C, 1H NMR) and ...