Jump to Main Content
- ZARUCCO, LAURA; WISNER, ERIK R.; SWANSTROM, MICHAEL D.; STOVER, SUSAN M.
- Veterinary radiology & ultrasound 2006 v.47 no.6 pp. 553-562
- computed tomography, etc ; Thoroughbred; horses; forelimbs; models; magnetic resonance imaging; Show all 6 Subjects
- ... Biomechanical models that compute the lengths and forces of muscle-tendon units are broadly applicable to the study of factors that promote injury and the planning and effects of orthopedic surgical procedures in equine athletes. A three-dimensional (3D) generic musculoskeletal model of the equine forelimb comprised of bony segment, muscle-tendon, and ligament information, was developed based on h ...
- Hansson, Lars; Lundgren, Nils; Antti, Anna-Lena; Hagman, Olle
- Journal of wood science 2006 v.52 no.5 pp. 406-410
- computed tomography, etc ; Pinus sylvestris; dielectric properties; electric field; finite element analysis; models; water content; wood; Show all 8 Subjects
- ... The aim of this study was to use finite element modeling (FEM) as a tool to analyze microwave scattering in wood and to verify the model by measurements with a microwave scanner. A medical computed tomography scanner was used to measure distribution of density and moisture content in a piece of Scots pine (Pinus sylvestris). Dielectric properties were calculated from measured values for cross sect ...