Jump to Main Content
- Flemetakis, E.; Efrose, R.C.; Ott, T.; Stedel, C.; Aivalakis, G.; Udvardi, M.K.; Katinakis, P.
- Plant molecular biology 2006 v.62 no.1-2 pp. 53-69
- Lotus corniculatus var. japonicus, etc ; beta-fructofuranosidase; cDNA libraries; carbohydrate metabolism; complementary DNA; enzyme activity; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; hexokinase; hexoses; legumes; messenger RNA; nitrogen fixation; nodulation; phosphoglucomutase; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; root nodules; starch; sucrose; sucrose synthase; transcription (genetics); Show all 22 Subjects
- ... Symbiotic nitrogen fixation (SNF) in legume nodules is a highly energy demanding process, fuelled by plant-supplied carbohydrates mainly in the form of sucrose. In this study, we have combined molecular and biochemical approaches in order to study the spatial and temporal organisation of sucrose metabolism in nitrogen-fixing nodules of the model legume Lotus japonicus, with an emphasis on the negl ...
- Tirichine, L.; Imaizumi-Anraku, H.; Yoshida, S.; Murakami, Y.; Madsen, L.H.; Miwa, H.; Nakagawa, T.; Sandal, N.; Albrektsen, A.S.; Kawaguchi, M.
- Nature 2006 v.441 no.7097 pp. 1153-1156
- Lotus corniculatus var. japonicus, etc ; cortex; phenotype; Mesorhizobium loti; signal transduction; root hairs; mutants; nodulation; cell differentiation; enzyme activity; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Induced development of a new plant organ in response to rhizobia is the most prominent manifestation of legume root-nodule symbiosis with nitrogen-fixing bacteria. Here we show that the complex root-nodule organogenic programme can be genetically deregulated to trigger de novo nodule formation in the absence of rhizobia or exogenous rhizobial signals. In an ethylmethane sulphonate-induced snf1 (sp ...