Jump to Main Content
- Heckmann, Anne B.; Lombardo, Fabien; Miwa, Hiroki; Perry, Jillian A.; Bunnewell, Sue; Parniske, Martin; Wang, Trevor L.; Downie, J. Allan
- Plant physiology 2006 v.142 no.4 pp. 1739-1750
- Lotus corniculatus var. japonicus, etc ; deformation; proteins; stop codon; nitrogen fixation; phenotype; GRAS substances; Nicotiana benthamiana; calcium; mutation; cell division; amino acids; root hairs; mutants; legumes; nodulation; Mesorhizobium loti; Medicago truncatula; bacteria; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... A new nodulation-defective mutant of Lotus japonicus does not initiate nodule cortical cell division in response to Mesorhizobium loti, but induces root hair deformation, Nod factor-induced calcium spiking, and mycorrhization. This phenotype, together with mapping data, suggested that the mutation could be in the ortholog of the Medicago truncatula NSP1 gene (MtNSP1). The sequence of the orthologo ...
- PubMed Central:
- Machrafi, Y.; Prevost, D.; Beauchamp, C.J.
- Journal of chemical ecology 2006 v.32 no.12 pp. 2595-2615
- Lotus corniculatus, etc ; bark; plant residues; age; phenolic compounds; plant extracts; phytotoxicity; Vicia sativa; Mesorhizobium; Rhizobium; microbial growth; seed germination; plant growth; nodulation; nitrogen fixation; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... In Quebec, Canada, industrial bark wastelands cover several hundred hectares of land. Bark residue that has piled up for decades tends to remain free of vegetation for years. To assess the revegetation potential of such sites, we sought to determine those factors responsible for poor plant growth. Phenolic compounds from fresh to 20-year-old bark residues were extracted with four solvents and quan ...
- Flemetakis, E.; Efrose, R.C.; Ott, T.; Stedel, C.; Aivalakis, G.; Udvardi, M.K.; Katinakis, P.
- Plant molecular biology 2006 v.62 no.1-2 pp. 53-69
- Lotus corniculatus var. japonicus, etc ; beta-fructofuranosidase; cDNA libraries; carbohydrate metabolism; complementary DNA; enzyme activity; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; hexokinase; hexoses; legumes; messenger RNA; nitrogen fixation; nodulation; phosphoglucomutase; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; root nodules; starch; sucrose; sucrose synthase; transcription (genetics); Show all 22 Subjects
- ... Symbiotic nitrogen fixation (SNF) in legume nodules is a highly energy demanding process, fuelled by plant-supplied carbohydrates mainly in the form of sucrose. In this study, we have combined molecular and biochemical approaches in order to study the spatial and temporal organisation of sucrose metabolism in nitrogen-fixing nodules of the model legume Lotus japonicus, with an emphasis on the negl ...