Jump to Main Content
- HAUSER, L.; SEAMONS, T.R.; DAUER, M.; NAISH, K.A.; QUINN, T.P.
- Molecular ecology 2006 v.15 no.11 pp. 3157-3173
- wild fish, etc ; Oncorhynchus mykiss; computer software; ecology; hatcheries; loci; null alleles; parentage; progeny; Washington; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Assignment tests are increasingly applied in ecology and conservation, although empirical comparisons of methods are still rare or are restricted to few of the available approaches. Furthermore, the performance of assignment tests in cases with low population differentiation, violations of Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium and unbalanced sampling designs has not been verified. The release of adult hatche ...
- Kang, Jung-Ha; Noh, Jae-Koo; Kim, Jong-Hyun; Lee, Jeong-Ho; Kim, Hyun-Chul; Kim, Kyung-Kil; Kim, Bong-Seok; Lee, Woo-Jai
- Aquaculture research 2006 v.37 no.7 pp. 701-707
- wild fish, etc ; Paralichthys olivaceus; alleles; gene frequency; genetic distance; genetic markers; genetic variation; hatcheries; hatching; heterozygosity; inbreeding; inbreeding coefficient; microsatellite repeats; parentage; parents; progeny; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... For the first generation of a selective breeding programme, it is important to minimize the possibility of inbreeding. This mostly occurs by mating between closely related individuals, while proper mating can provide an opportunity to establish the base families with wide genetic variation from which selection for subsequent generations can be more effective. Genotyping with microsatellite-based D ...