Jump to Main Content
- Nukui, Noriyuki; Minamisawa, Kiwamu; Ayabe, Shin-Ichi; Aoki, Toshio
- Applied and environmental microbiology 2006 v.72 no.7 pp. 4964-4969
- recombinant DNA, etc ; Mesorhizobium loti; regulator genes; transcription factors; gene expression; transcription (genetics); amidine hydrolases; promoter regions; reporter genes; beta-glucuronidase; root nodules; nodulation; Lotus corniculatus var. japonicus; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Many soil bacteria contain 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylic acid (ACC) deaminase, which degrades ACC, a precursor of the phytohormone ethylene. In order to examine the regulation of the acdS gene encoding ACC deaminase in Mesorhizobium loti MAFF303099 during symbiosis with the host legume Lotus japonicus, we introduced the β-glucuronidase (GUS) gene into acdS so that GUS was expressed under contro ...
- PubMed Central:
- Mertens, J.A.; Skory, C.D.; Ibrahim, A.S.
- Archives of microbiology 2006 v.186 no.1 pp. 41
- recombinant DNA, etc ; Rhizopus oryzae; genetically engineered microorganisms; genetic transformation; plasmid vectors; promoter regions; glucan 1,4-alpha-glucosidase; pyruvate decarboxylase; phosphoglycerate kinase; reporter genes; green fluorescent protein; gene expression; messenger RNA; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Rhizopus oryzae has long been used for enzyme production (e.g., glucoamylase and lipase), organic acid synthesis, and various fermented food applications. In this work, we describe a set of plasmid-based expression vectors that can be used for the production of heterologous proteins in R. oryzae. Three plasmid vectors have been created using either the glucoamylase A (amyA), pyruvate decarboxylase ...