Jump to Main Content
- Bennett, S.J., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Industrial crops and products 2006 v.24 no.1 pp. 79-86
- Cannabis sativa; hemp; fiber crops; plant density; cultivars; crop yield; harvest date; field experimentation; fiber quality; phenology; flowering; stems; lignification; latitude; weed control; crop-weed competition; climatic factors; retting; Wales
- ... A field trial was conducted at the University of Wales Bangor Research Centre, Gwynedd using five varieties of hemp, sown at two seed rates: 150 and 300 seeds m-2 to determine the optimum time to cut hemp to maximise fibre yield and quality. Three cutting times were imposed from mid-August to mid-September, corresponding to start of flowering, mid-point of flowering and end of flowering, and follo ...
- Bennett, S.J., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Sedimentology 2006 v.53 no.3 pp. 631
- streams; sediments; sand; gravel; sediment transport; particle size distribution; Mississippi
- ... Bed forms were studied in Goodwin Creek and a laboratory flume channel. The bed sediment of the field site and flume had median diameters of 8·3 (modes of 0·4, 22·6 mm) and 1·82 mm (modes of 0·5, 5·6 mm), respectively. The laboratory and field channels had similar values of bimodal parameters, ratios of flow depth to median bed material diameter, and ratios of shear stress to critical shear stress ...
- Bennett, S.J., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Annals of applied biology 2006 v.149 no.1 pp. 15-25
- air flow; dry season; field experimentation; fineness; flax; flowering; herbicides; industrial applications; nitrogen; retting; stems; tensile strength; yarns
- ... Field trials of fibre flax were sown in 2002 and 2003 comprising 29 and 26 flax varieties, respectively. In 2002, two nitrogen treatments of 40 and 80 kg ha⁻¹ were imposed. The trials were sprayed with a desiccating herbicide prior to retting at 35 and 15 days after midpoint of flowering in 2002 and 2003, respectively, and were harvested once retting had completed. Fibre was extracted from the fla ...