Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: karle?
- Karwe, M.V., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Food chemistry 2006 v.99 no.2 pp. 388-393
- buckwheat; roasting; duration; polar compounds; food composition; extrusion; temperature; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; phenolic compounds
- ... The effect of processing on functional compounds in buckwheat was investigated. Extractions of buckwheat flour were carried out before and after roasting or extrusion. Folin-Ciocalteu assays indicated that processing did not cause any change in total phenolic content in buckwheat flour. Roasted (200 °C, 10 min) dark buckwheat flour exhibited an increase in non-polar compounds as well as polar comp ...
- KARWE, M.V., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of food process engineering 2006 v.29 no.4 pp. 386-399
- thermal diffusivity; turbulent flow; mathematical models; food surfaces; hot dogs; food processing equipment; heat transfer coefficient; baking quality; equipment performance; surface temperature; heat treatment; baking; heat transfer
- ... Numerical simulation of flow field and thermal transport processes for a turbulent jet impinging on the surface of a cylindrical object, e.g., hot dog, were carried out at different jet velocities. Numerical predictions for average surface heat transfer coefficient were compared with the experimental results obtained using a lumped mass approach for model aluminum cylinders. Results indicated good ...