Jump to Main Content
- Lee, Joohyoung; Marshall, Jonathon C.; Schmitz, Oswald J.; Caccone, Adalgisa
- Journal of heredity 2006 v.97 no.3 pp. 290-293
- Melanoplus femurrubrum, etc ; genetic variation; genetic markers; Connecticut; Show all 4 Subjects
- ... We surveyed Melanoplus femurrubrum populations within the state of Connecticut for genetic diversity at multiple genetic markers, including three mitochondrial [cytochrome oxidase subunit 1 (COI), reduced form of nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide dehydrogenase subunit 2 (ND2), and AT rich] and one nuclear [internal transcribed spacers of the ribosomal DNA cluster (ITS1)] gene regions. All markers ...
- Fielding, D.
- Journal of insect science 2006 v.6 pp. 1
- Melanoplus sanguinipes, etc ; life cycle (organisms); grasshoppers; diapause; geographical variation; seasonal variation; climatic factors; temperature; cold zones; age; univoltine habit; bivoltine habit; simulation models; Idaho; Alaska; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Previous analyses of diapause in insects have most often focused on the timing of the switch from non-diapausing to diapausing offspring in bivoltine populations and have assumed that diapause is irreversible or that the insect cannot survive winter if not in diapause. Many insects exhibit more flexibility in their life cycles, such as the age at which diapause begins, and facultative diapause, th ...
- CARSTENS, B.C.; KNOWLES, L.L.
- Molecular ecology notes 2006 v.6 no.3 pp. 683-685
- Melanoplus, etc ; genomic libraries; grasshoppers; loci; screening; genetic markers; population genetics; nuclear genome; Show all 8 Subjects
- ... We report the isolation of seven single-copy nuclear loci from the montane grasshopper Melanoplus oregonensis. With an average length of approximately 930 bp and between five and 67 variable sites, these loci are useful for population genetic analyses within M. oregonensis. Amplification of nuclear loci in additional species of western Melanoplus grasshoppers suggests that they will also be useful ...