Jump to Main Content
- Morgan, J.A.W., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Letters in applied microbiology 2006 v.43 no.3 pp. 280-286
- Sphingomonas; barley; bioremediation; isoproturon; luciferase; mutants; rhizosphere; roots; soil
- ... To construct a luxAB-labelled Sphingomonas sp. strain SRS2 maintaining the ability to mineralize the herbicide isoproturon and usable for monitoring the survival and distribution of strain SRS2 on plant roots in laboratory systems. We inserted the mini-Tn5-luxAB marker into strain SRS2 using conjugational mating. In the transconjugant mutants luciferase was produced in varying levels. The mutants ...
- Morgan, J.A.W., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of applied microbiology 2006 v.100 no.6 pp. 1194-1207
- Phytophthora cryptogea; Pythium aphanidermatum; bacteria; bacterial communities; denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis; disease control; genes; hydroponics; nutrient solutions; plant pathogens; ribosomal RNA; roots; tomatoes
- ... To determine the spread of different oomycete pathogens in hydroponic, soilless tomato growing systems and their impact on established microbial communities, as baseline studies prior to future introduction of microbial inoculants for disease suppression. The oomycete pathogens, Pythium group F, Pythium aphanidermatum and Phytophthora cryptogea, were introduced into small-scale recirculating tomat ...