Jump to Main Content
- Salvadó, V., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Archives of environmental contamination and toxicology 2006 v.51 no.3 pp. 377-386
- birds; brackish water; fish; freshwater; heavy metals; intensive farming; nutrients; organochlorine compounds; parks; permethrin; seasonal variation; sediments; surface water; tourism; wetlands; wildlife management
- ... Wetland areas are of extraordinary importance for the conservation of wildlife. The Aiguamolls de l'Empordà Natural Park, located in Girona (northeast Spain), is one of the few areas in Europe acting as a way station for migratory birds. The natural park is made up of a brackish water reserve and a fresh water reserve. Agriculture and tourism, which are concentrated especially around coastal popul ...
- Salvado, V., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2006 v.54 no.3 pp. 627-632
- pentachlorophenol; ethanol; chemical analysis; water; chlorophenols; gas chromatography; solid phase extraction; cork stoppers
- ... The appearance of 2,4,6-trichloroanisole (TCA) in cork stoppers is of great concern because it can cause off-flavors in bottled wine. To prevent this sensorial defect, there should not be any traces of 2,4,6-trichlorophenol (TCP), 2,3,4,6-tetrachlorophenol (TeCP), or pentachlorophenol (PCP) in the finished corks, because they are the direct precursors of TCA. In the course of this study two method ...