Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Xing-Xiang, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Textile research journal 2006 v.76 no.5 pp. 351-359
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; crystallization; differential scanning calorimetry; enthalpy; fabrics; fire prevention; glass transition temperature; melting; microencapsulation; oxygen; polymers; scanning electron microscopy; textile fibers; thermogravimetry; wide-angle X-ray scattering
- ... Thermo-regulated polyacrylonitrilevinylidene chloride (PAN/VDC) fibers containing 4-40 wt.% of micro phase-change materials (microPCMs) were wet-spun. In this study, fibers containing less than 30 wt.% of microencapsulated n-octadecane were spun smoothly. The structures and properties of the fibers were investigated by using Fourier transform infrared, scanning electron microscopy, differential sc ...
- Zhang, Xing, et al. Show all 13 Authors
- Science 2006 v.312 no.5780 pp. 1640-1643
- birds; fossils; lifestyle; littoral zone; niches; phylogeny; China
- ... Three-dimensional specimens of the volant fossil bird Gansus yumenensis from the Early Cretaceous Xiagou Formation of northwestern China demonstrate that this taxon possesses advanced anatomical features previously known only in Late Cretaceous and Cenozoic ornithuran birds. Phylogenetic analysis recovers Gansus within the Ornithurae, making it the oldest known member of the clade. The Xiagou Form ...