Jump to Main Content
- Hashemi, N.; Mohammadirad, Azadeh; Bayrami, Zahra; Khorasani, R.; Vosough, Sanaz; Aliahmadi, Atousa; Nikfar, Shekoufeh; Sharifzadeh, M.; Kebriaeezadeh, A.; Abdollahi, M.
- Acta biologica Hungarica 2006 v.57 no.3 pp. 283-294
- pilocarpine, etc ; agonists; antagonists; calcium; intraperitoneal injection; morphine; polyethylene; protein content; rats; receptors; saliva; secretion; therapeutics; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... The effects of morphine, 1-aminocyclobutane-cis-1,3-dicarboxylic (ACBD; NMDA agonist) and 3-((R)-2-carboxypiperazin-4-yl)-propyl-1-phosphoric acid (CPP; NMDA antagonist) and their concurrent therapy on rat submandibular secretory function were studied. Pure submandibular saliva was collected intraorally by micro polyethylene cannula from anaesthetized rats using pilocarpine as secretagogue. Intrap ...
- Ismail, N.; Robinson, G.E.; Fahrbach, S.E.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2006 v.103 no.1 pp. 207-211
- pilocarpine, etc ; Apis mellifera; honey bees; brain; mushroom bodies; receptors; scopolamine; foraging; pollen; nectar; insect behavior; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Honey bees begin life working in the hive. At approximately equal to 3 weeks of age, they shift to visiting flowers to forage for pollen and nectar. Foraging is a complex task associated with enlargement of the mushroom bodies, a brain region important in insects for certain forms of learning and memory. We report here that foraging bees had a larger volume of mushroom body neuropil than did age-m ...
- PubMed Central: