Jump to Main Content
- Troncoso-Rojas, R.; Sanchez-Estrada, A.; Ruelas, C.; Garcia, H.S.; Tiznado-Hernandez, M.E.
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2005 v.85 no.9 pp. 1427-1434
- tomatoes; postharvest diseases; Alternaria alternata; benzyl isothiocyanate; disease control; antifungal properties; postharvest treatment; postharvest physiology; cell respiration; ethylene production; food storage
- ... Benzyl isothiocyanate (BITC) is known to be a strong antifungal compound in vitro against different fungi. The effectiveness of benzyl isothiocyanate to control Alternaria alternata growth in vitro and in vivo was tested. BITC in vitro activity was evaluated in A alternata growing on potato dextrose agar and exposed to 0.025, 0.05, 0.1, 0.2 or 0.4 mg ml(-1). In vivo activity was evaluated by expos ...
- Olszewski, M.W.; Evans, T.A.; Gregory, N.F.; Pill, W.G.
- Journal of horticultural science & biotechnology 2005 v.80 no.4 pp. 427-432
- Petroselinum crispum; parsley; fungal diseases of plants; Alternaria alternata; plant pathogenic fungi; seed-borne fungi; pathogenicity; seeds; ultrastructure; seed germination; seed priming; disease control; sodium hypochlorite; application rate