Jump to Main Content
- Gul, M.; Yoruk, M.A.; Macit, M.; Esenbuga, N.; Karaoglu, M.; Aksakal, V.; Aksu, M.I.
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2005 v.85 no.9 pp. 1439-1443
- lambs; males; lamb feeding; Awassi; Vicia sativa; seeds; plant source protein; liveweight gain; finishing; lamb meat; meat quality; color; carcass characteristics; pH; feed intake; feed conversion
- ... The experiment was carried out to evaluate the effect of common vetch seed (CVS), used at various levels (0, 15 and 25%), as a protein source in diets replacing different proportion of barley, wheat bran and soybean meal on fattening performance, carcass and meat quality characteristics of Awassi male lambs at approximately 8 months of age. The lambs were divided into three treatment groups, T1 (c ...
- Barbour, E.; Rawda, N.; Banat, G.; Jaber, L.; Sleiman, F.T.; Hamadeh, S.
- Veterinary research communications 2005 v.29 no.1 pp. 47-60
- polypeptides; fimbriae; animal husbandry; antibody formation; Salmonella Enteritidis; immunosuppression; humoral immunity; vaccines; water deprivation; animal welfare; Awassi; lactation; sheep diseases; salmonellosis; ewes; vaccination; dehydration (animal physiology)
- ... In seminomadic farming practice, dry and lactating ewes are exposed to different degrees of water deprivation, leading to stress followed by various disease outbreaks. This study compares quantitatively the immunosuppression to Salmonella Enteritidis (SE) fimbriae (14 and 21 kDa) and other major polypeptides (28.9, 37.7, 42.9, 68.0, 92.6 and 96.8 kDa) in water-deprived dry and lactating ewes. Sixt ...