Jump to Main Content
- Nesje, Atle
- TheHolocene 2005 v.15 no.8 pp. 1245-1252
- Scandinavia, etc ; climate; glaciers; global warming; ice; summer; temperature; winter; Norway; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... Mountain glaciers and ice caps are sensitive to changes in regional and global climate. Temporal glacier variations, manifested in change of volume, area and length, provide some of the clearest signals of climate change in nature. Therefore, glaciers are considered key indicators for the detection of global warming. Except for a few glaciers in western Scandinavia, glaciers in Europe are in retre ...
- Bakke, Jostein; Lie, øyvind; Nesje, Atle; Dahl, Svein Olaf; Paasche, øyvind
- TheHolocene 2005 v.15 no.2 pp. 161-176
- Scandinavia, etc ; North Atlantic Oscillation; air flow; altitude; bogs; bulk density; climate; glaciers; ice; lakes; peatlands; sediment yield; sediments; summer; temperature; winter; Norway; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... The maritime plateau glacier of northern Folgefonna in western Norway has a short (subdecadal) response time to climatic shifts, and is therefore well suited for reconstructing high-resolution glacier fluctuations. The reconstruction presented here is based on physical parameters of glaciolacustrine sediments retrieved from two glacier-fed lakes and a peat bog north of the ice cap. Bulk density an ...