Jump to Main Content
- Warner, K.; Laszlo, J.A.
- Journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society 2005 v.82 no.9 pp. 647
- ferulic acid; antioxidants; food additives; monoacylglycerols; diacylglycerols; salads; frying; soybean oil; potato chips; fried foods
- ... To determine antioxidative effects of ferulic acid and esterified ferulic acids, these compounds were added to soybean oils (SBO), which were evaluated for oxidative stability and frying stability. Additives included feruloylated MAG and DAG (FMG/FDG), ferulic acid, ethyl ferulate, and TBHQ. After frying tests with potato chips, oils were analyzed for retention of additives and polar compounds. Ch ...
- Lee, K.G.; Lee, S.E.; Takeoka, G.R.; Kim, J.H.; Park, B.S.
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2005 v.85 no.9 pp. 1580
- Fagus; wood; creosote; volatile organic compounds; antioxidants; antioxidant activity; food additives; herbal medicines; medicinal properties
- ... Volatile constituents of beechwood creosote were determined using gas chromatography (GC) and gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS). The major volatile constituents of creosote were 2-methoxyphenol (guaiacol; 25.2%) 2-methoxy-4-methylphenol (4-methylguaiacol; 21.4%), 3-methylphenol (m-cresol; 8.3%) 4-methylphenol (p-cresol; 7.9%) 2-methylphenol (o-cresol; 4.6%) and phenol (2.8%). The antiox ...