Jump to Main Content
- Hansen, Michael M., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Biological journal of the Linnean Society 2005 v.84 no.1 pp. 91-101
- Bayesian theory; DNA; Esox lucius; alleles; effective population size; founder effect; freshwater fish; genetic distance; genetic variation; loci; microsatellite repeats; multidimensional scaling; mutation; phylogeography; population dynamics; surface water; variance; Ireland; North America; Northern European region
- ... The northern pike Esox lucius L. is a freshwater fish exhibiting pronounced population subdivision and low genetic variability. However, there is limited knowledge on phylogeographical patterns within the species, and it is not known whether the low genetic variability reflects primarily current low effective population sizes or historical bottlenecks. We analysed six microsatellite loci in ten ...
- Hansen, Michael M., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Conservation genetics 2005 v.6 no.4 pp. 615-621
- Salmo trutta; gene flow; genetic variation; immigration; lakes; microsatellite repeats; models; pollution; population size; rivers; trout; variance; Denmark
- ... The spatial and temporal genetic structure of brown trout populations from three small tributaries of Lake Hald, Denmark, was studied using analysis of variation at eight microsatellite loci. From two of the populations temporal samples were available, separated by up to 13 years (3.7 generations). Significant genetic differentiation was observed among all samples, however, hierarchical analysis o ...