Jump to Main Content
- Kobayashi, Yasushi, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Plant & cell physiology 2005 v.46 no.8 pp. 1175-1189
- Arabidopsis thaliana; flowering; plant proteins; signal transduction; messenger RNA; transcription (genetics); gene expression regulation; gene overexpression; tissue distribution; photoperiod; nucleotide sequences
- ... In Arabidopsis, several genetic pathways controlling the floral transition (flowering) are integrated at the transcriptional regulation of FT, LFY and SOC1. TSF is the closest homolog of FT in ARABIDOPSIS: TSF expression was induced rapidly upon activation of CONSTANS (CO). The mRNA levels of TSF and FT showed similar patterns of diurnal oscillation and response to photoperiods: an evening peak, h ...
- Kobayashi, Yasushi, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Science 2005 v.309 no.5737 pp. 1052-1056
- Arabidopsis thaliana; flowering; transcription factors; loci; regulator genes; transcription (genetics); gene expression regulation; shoot meristems; meristems; gene expression; signal transduction
- ... FLOWERING LOCUS T (FT) is a conserved promoter of flowering that acts downstream of various regulatory pathways, including one that mediates photoperiodic induction through CONSTANS (CO), and is expressed in the vasculature of cotyledons and leaves. A bZIP transcription factor, FD, preferentially expressed in the shoot apex is required for FT to promote flowering. FD and FT are interdependent part ...