Jump to Main Content
- Vargas, R.I.; Stark, J.D.; Mackey, B.; Bull, R.
- Journal of economic entomology 2005 v.98 no.5 pp. 1551
- methyl eugenol, etc ; Bactrocera cucurbitae; Bactrocera dorsalis; insect attractants; cue-lure; fipronil; dispensers; insect traps; weathering; equipment performance; pesticide persistence; males; insect control; fruit flies; Hawaii; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Amulet C-L (cue-lure) and Amulet ME (methyl eugenol) molded paper fiber "attract-and-kill" dispensers containing fipronil were tested under Hawaiian weather conditions against Bactrocera cucurbitae (Coquillett) (melon fly) and Bactrocera dorsalis (Hendel) (oriental fruit fly), respectively. In paired tests (fresh versus weathered), C-L dispensers were effective for at least 77 d, whereas ME dispen ...
- Shelly, Todd E.; Edu, James; Pahio, Elaine
- Florida entomologist 2005 v.88 no.3 pp. 307
- methyl eugenol, etc ; Bactrocera dorsalis; fruit flies; males; dietary protein; food deprivation; insect attractants; age; sexual maturity; mating behavior; mating competitiveness; mating frequency; Show all 12 Subjects
The chief objective of this study was to determine whether the inclusion of protein in the adult diet influences male mating success in the oriental fruit fly, Bactrocera dorsalis (Hendel). Previous studies on this species have shown that ingestion of methyl eugenol (ME) greatly enhances male mating performance. Accordingly, we also examined the interaction between adult diet and ME and investiga ...