Jump to Main Content
- Tajima, Motoshi
- Veterinary microbiology 2004 no.99 pp. 131-138
- cattle; phylogeny; viruses; genes; genotype; Bovine viral diarrhea virus 1; nucleotide sequences; Japan
- ... Phylogenetic analyses of bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV) were performed based on the nucleotide sequences of the 5′ untranslated region (5′-UTR) and E2-coding gene. Thirty-six BVDV detected from naturally infected cattle in the northern region of Japan were divided into three genotypes, BVDV1a, BVDV1b and BVDV2, in a 5′-UTR phylogenetic tree. In a phylogenetic tree constructed from the E2-codin ...
- Tron, E.A.M.; Wilke, H.L.; Petermann, S.R.; Rust, L.
- Veterinary microbiology 2004 no.99 pp. 121-129
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa; dogs; ears; elastase; elastin; gene activation; genes; otitis externa; phenotype; quorum sensing; transcription (genetics)
- ... Pseudomonas aeruginosa LasB elastase gene (lasB) transcription depends on cell density-dependent quorum-sensing mechanisms of gene activation. Previously, we collected several non-mucoid P. aeruginosa veterinary isolates and showed that the total matrix protease phenotype was similar for isolates regardless of host and site of isolation. In contrast, isolates from chronic canine ear infections (ot ...