Jump to Main Content
- Kim, K.S.; Sappington, T.W.
- Environmental entomology 2004 v.33 no.2 pp. 457
- Southwestern United States, etc ; Anthonomus grandis; dispersal behavior; population genetics; mitochondrial DNA; genetic variation; restriction fragment length polymorphism; haplotypes; geographical variation; phylogeny; gene flow; Curculionidae; insect pests; phylogeography; Mexico; Southeastern United States; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... An understanding of boll weevil (Anthonomus grandis Boheman) dispersal behavior is essential to characterizing and responding to the threat of migration into eradication zones. Genetic variation in boll weevil mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) was sampled and analyzed to make inferences on the magnitude and geographic pattern of genetic differentiation among weevil populations from 20 locations across eig ...
- Mellon, Jay E.; Cotty, Peter J.
- Mycopathologia 2004 v.157 no.3 pp. 333
- Southwestern United States, etc ; Aspergillus flavus; plant pathogenic fungi; polygalacturonase; pectinesterase; geographical variation; Southeastern United States; Show all 7 Subjects
- ... Aspergillus flavus is a widely distributed filamentous fungus that contaminates crops with the potent carcinogen aflatoxin. This species can be divided into S and L strains on the basis of sclerotial morphology. During crop infection, A. flavus can secrete a large array of hydrolytic enzymes.These include pectinase, which aids fungal spread through plant tissues. A survey of pectinase expression b ...