Jump to Main Content
- Hannrup, B.; Cahalan, C.; Chantre, G.; Grabner, M.; Karlsson, B.; Le Bayon, I.; Lloyd Jones, G.; Muller, U.; Pereira, H.
- Scandinavian journal of forest research 2004 v.19 no.1 pp. 14-29
- wood quality; heritability; tracheids; wood density; cell walls; earlywood; microfilaments; Picea abies; forest trees; diameter; pulp fiber; forest yields; latewood; resin canals; genotype-environment interaction; lignin; tree growth; growth traits; color; genetic variation; wood defects; grain and figure; Sweden
- Yoko Watanabe; Yasuo Kojima; Toshihiro Ona; Takayuki Asada; Yuzou Sano; Kazumi Fukazawa; Ryo Funada
- IAWA journal v.25 no.3 pp. 283-295
- Eucalyptus camaldulensis; Eucalyptus globulus; acid insoluble lignin; alkali treatment; cell walls; color; lignin; polyphenols; sodium hydroxide; spectral analysis; ultraviolet-visible spectroscopy; wood; wood anatomy; wood fibers; wood flour; xylem vessels
- ... We examined the effects of polyphenols on the analysis of lignin by histochemical methods, namely, the Mäule color reaction coupled with microspectrophotometry and ultraviolet microspectrophotometry, in wood of Eucalyptus camaldulensis and E. globulus. Thin sections and wood meals were extracted with solutions of alkali at different concentrations. The amounts of alkali-soluble extractives increas ...