Jump to Main Content
- Ziegelmayer, K.; Clark, T.W.; Nyce, C.
- Journal of sustainable forestry 2004 v.18 no.2-3 pp. 139-169
- decision making, etc ; conservation areas; sustainable development; watershed management; ecosystem management; developing countries; psychosocial factors; conservation programs; anthropogenic activities; water policy; biodiversity; water distribution; Ecuador; Show all 13 Subjects
- Fabricius, Katharina E.; De'ath, Glenn
- Ecological applications 2004 v.14 no.5 pp. 1448-1465
- decision making, etc ; agricultural land; agricultural runoff; benthic organisms; biodiversity; case studies; community structure; coral reefs; corals; ecosystems; environmental surveys; macroalgae; nutrients; pesticides; pollution; rivers; sediments; statistical analysis; water quality; watersheds; Great Barrier Reef; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... The successful management of ecosystems depends on early detection of change and identification of factors causing such change. Determination of change and causality in ecosystems is difficult, both philosophically and practically, and these difficulties increase with the scale and complexity of ecosystems. Management also depends on the communication of scientific results to the broader public, a ...