Jump to Main Content
- Bunn, S.M.; Rae, A.M.; Herbert, C.S.; Taylor, G.
- Forestry 2004 v.77 no.4 pp. 307-323
- stemwood, etc ; Populus interamericana; bioenergy; biomass production; breeding; coppicing; genotype; greenhouse experimentation; hybrids; leaf development; leaves; models; photosynthesis; trees; United Kingdom; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Populus is a genus of extremely fast-growing trees originating in the northern hemisphere, with potential as a source of renewable, biomass energy. The aim of this work was to physiologically characterize genotypes of hybrid poplar, informing future selection, breeding and the development of process-based yield models. Two experiments - a short rotation coppice field trial at two contrasting UK si ...
- Berger, T.W.; Kollensperger, G.; Wimmer, R.
- Plant and soil 2004 v.264 no.1-2 pp. 69-83
- stemwood, etc ; Picea abies; Fagus sylvatica; forest trees; chemical constituents of plants; plant nutrition; calcium; magnesium; manganese; aluminum; dendrochronology; pure stands; mixed stands; soil-plant interactions; bedrock; soil nutrients; acid soils; soil nutrient dynamics; soil chemical properties; soil pH; soil acidification; soil solution; soil depth; Austria; Show all 24 Subjects