Jump to Main Content
- PREWEIN, CHRISTINE; WILHELM, EVA
- In vitro cellular & developmental biology 2003 v.39 no.6 pp. 613-617
- sodium alginate, etc ; Quercus robur; artificial seeds; benzyladenine; cold storage; encapsulation; endosperm; germination; indole butyric acid; plantlets; somatic embryos; sucrose; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Cotyledonary Quercus robur L. somatic embryos from two cell lines were encapsulated in 4%% (w/v) sodium alginate. An artificial endosperm was provided by the addition of P₂₄ medium plus 3%% (w/v) sucrose. Oak somatic embryos and oak synthetic seeds were germinated on P₂₄ medium plus 0.1 μμM indole-3-butyric acid and 0.9 μμM 6-benzylaminopurine or were dehydrated prior to germination. The highest c ...
- NYENDE, AGGREY BERNARD; SCHITTENHELM, SIEGFRIED; MIX-WAGNER, GUNDA; GREEF, JÖÖRG-MICHEAL
- In vitro cellular & developmental biology 2003 v.39 no.5 pp. 540-544
- calcium alginate, etc ; Solanum tuberosum; carbendazim; cultivars; encapsulation; fungicides; gels; greenhouse soils; potatoes; regrowth; seed tubers; shoots; storage quality; temperature; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Shoot tips, of four potato cultivars (Déésiréée, Genet, Tigoni, and Tomensa), 3––4 mm in size, were precultured for 2 d on Murashige and Skoog (MS) solid medium, then encapsulated in calcium alginate to produce hollow bead synthetic seed capsules averaging 0.78 cm in diameter. Regeneration and ‘‘regrowth’’ were tested on MS solid medium and on soil in the greenhouse, respectively. The encapsulated ...