Jump to Main Content
- Fabrizzi, Karina P.; Morón, Alejandro; García, Fernando O.
- Soil Science Society of America journal 2003 v.67 no.6 pp. 1831-1841
- Mollisols, etc ; carbon; conventional tillage; fertilizer rates; minimum tillage; nitrogen; nitrogen fertilizers; no-tillage; organic matter; soil depth; soil organic matter; soil quality; Argentina; Pampas region; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... The use of no-tillage has notably increased in the Pampas region of Argentina during the last 10 yr. Two tillage experiments with contrasting previous agricultural use, degraded and non-degraded soils, were evaluated in the southeast of Buenos Aires province, Argentina. The objectives were to: (i) quantify the effects of tillage and N fertilization on quantity and vertical distribution of C and N ...
- Cleveland, Cory C.; Townsend, Alan R.; Schmidt, Steven K.; Constance, Briana C.
- Ecological applications 2003 v.13 no.2 pp. 314-326
- Mollisols, etc ; Oxisols; biogeochemical cycles; carbon; cattle; community structure; forest ecosystems; land use change; microbial biomass; microbial communities; nitrogen; pastures; phosphorus; seasonal variation; soil microorganisms; tropical rain forests; Costa Rica; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Tropical rain forest ecosystems are currently undergoing unprecedented rates of land conversion and land use change. Recent research suggests these activities profoundly influence nutrient cycling, but the principal mechanisms driving variation in nutrient status following land conversion are still not well understood. In this study, we used soils of varying fertility (oxisols and mollisols) in Co ...