Jump to Main Content
- Jantan, Ibrahim; Ping, Wong Ong; Visuvalingam, Sheila Devi; Ahmad, Nazni Wasi
- Pharmaceutical biology 2003 v.41 no.4 pp. 234-236
- Zingiber montanum, etc ; Aedes aegypti; Cinnamomum; Curcuma longa; Garcinia; Mitragyna speciosa; World Health Organization; essential oils; instars; larvae; larvicides; lethal concentration 50; methanol; mortality; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... A total of 17 methanol extracts and nine essential oils of Malaysian plants were investigated for their larvicidal activity against Aedes aegypti. Acute mortality of the fourth instar larvae was determined according to the standard WHO method. Among the samples studied, the essential oils of Cinnamomum impressicostatum Kosterm., C. microphyllum Ridl. and Curcuma domestica Valeton showed significan ...
- Jeenapongsa, Rattima; Yoovathaworn, Krongtong; Sriwatanakul, Kittima M.; Pongprayoon, Ubonwan; Sriwatanakul, Kampon
- Journal of ethnopharmacology 2003 v.87 no.2-3 pp. 143-148
- Zingiber montanum, etc ; adenosine diphosphate; anti-inflammatory activity; arachidonic acid; aspirin; ears; edema; in vitro studies; inhibitory concentration 50; models; platelet aggregation; platelet-activating factor; rats; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... This study aimed to investigate the anti-inflammatory activity of (E)-1-(3,4-dimethoxyphenyl) butadiene (DMPBD), isolated from Zingiber cassumunar Roxb., using in vivo and in vitro models. The results show that DMPBD dose-dependently inhibited the rat ear edema induced by ethyl phenylpropiolate (EPP), arachidonic acid (AA) and 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol 13-acetate (TPA) and it was more potent than ...