Jump to Main Content
- Scott, L.L.; Duncan, S.E.; Sumner, S.S.; Waterman, K.M.; Kaylegian, K.E.
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2003 v.51 no.20 pp. 5933-5940
- buttermilk, etc ; milk fat; fractionation; emulsifying; skim milk; butter; separation; temperature; cream; lipid composition; cholesterol; phospholipids; fatty acid composition; protein composition; butter oil; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Dairy systems formulated with fractionated milkfat and milk-derived components have compositional differences that may affect functionality and nutritional aspects as compared to natural dairy products. The composition of 20% milkfat creams formulated with emulsifying components (skim milk, sweet buttermilk, and butter-derived aqueous phase) and low- or medium-melt fractionated butteroil was compa ...
- Schoder, Dagmar; Winter, Petra; Kareem, Abdoulla; Baumgartner, Walter; Wagner, Martin
- Journal of dairy research 2003 v.70 no.4 pp. 395-401
- buttermilk, etc ; Listeria monocytogenes; acidification; bulk milk; cheesemaking; coagulation; ewe milk; farmers; farms; flocks; manufacturing; mastitis; raw milk; sheep; soft cheeses; starter cultures; yogurt; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... We describe a case of listerial mastitis in a flock of 130 sheep. The animals were housed at a farm where the bulk raw ewe milk was processed to produce raw milk soft cheese. List. monocytogenes was shed from the right mammary complex. Shedding was observed over a period of 99 d. A mean level of 4·56×10(4) cfu (colony forming units) Listeria monocytogenes/ml was recovered from the raw milk origina ...