Jump to Main Content
- Dierickx, W.
- Biosystems engineering 2003 v.84 no.2 pp. 159-170
- shelterbelts, etc ; windbreaks; Alnus; wind tunnels; field experimentation; fruit trees; orchards; wind speed; Belgium; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... In wind tunnel research, experiments are carried out with invariable wind speed and wind direction. These ideal circumstances are never encountered in the field. To evaluate the effect of wind barriers in a practical situation a field experiment was set up. A half-standard tree orchard was selected for that purpose. The orchard was protected against excessive winds mainly by a natural barrier of a ...
- Onyewotu, L.O.Z.; Stigter, C.J.; Abdullahi, A.M.; Ariyo, J.A.; Oladipo, E.O.; Owonubi, J.J.
- Arid land research and management 2003 v.17 no.1 pp. 85-101
- shelterbelts, etc ; Eucalyptus camaldulensis; case studies; farmers; farms; food security; forestry; forests; fuelwood; grain yield; income; nutritive value; planning; planting date; socioeconomic status; trees; unemployment; wet season; wood poles; Nigeria; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... As a trial relief measure to rehabilitate abandoned desertified fields at Yambawa in semiarid northern Nigeria, the forest department, acting on advice from the Forestry Research Institute of Nigeria (FRIN), established a system of multiple shelterbelts using a monoculture of Eucalyptus camaldulensis. Farmers returning did so not because of the shelterbelts but for socioeconomic reasons related to ...