Jump to Main Content
- Hill, J.E.; Seipp, R.P.; Betts, M.; Hawkins, L.; Van Kessel, A.G.; Crosby, W.L.; Hemmingsen, S.M.
- Applied and environmental microbiology 2002 v.68 no.6 pp. 3055-3066
- piglets, etc ; bacterial proteins; genes; nucleotide sequences; community ecology; DNA libraries; phylogeny; genetic variation; Show all 8 Subjects
- ... Complex microbial communities remain poorly characterized despite their ubiquity and importance to human and animal health, agriculture, and industry. Attempts to describe microbial communities by either traditional microbiological methods or molecular methods have been limited in both scale and precision. The availability of genomics technologies offers an unprecedented opportunity to conduct mor ...
- PubMed Central:
- Van Diemen, P.M.; Kreukniet, M.B.; Galina, L.; Bumstead, N.; Wallis, T.S.
- Veterinary immunology and immunopathology 2002 v.88 no.3-4 pp. 183-196
- piglets, etc ; Salmonella enterica; antibodies; boars; breeding; genes; liver; lymphocytes; neutrophils; progeny; salmonellosis; spleen; survival rate; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... The degree of resistance to Salmonella choleraesuis infection in a reference family purposely bred to map resistance genes was assessed. Aspects of the innate and specific immune system were studied to find a parameter that might predict the resistance of pigs to salmonellosis. The family was bred from commercial full-sister pairs of F1-gilts and four boars. One boar (G398) was identified as breed ...