Jump to Main Content
- Zahniser, S.S.; Pick, D.; Pompelli, G.; Gehlhar, M.J.
- American journal of agricultural economics 2002 v.84 no.3 pp. 791
- agricultural products, etc ; exports; trade agreements; economic impact; econometric models; trade; United States; Show all 7 Subjects
The gravity models in this paper highlight several important developments in the pattern of U.S. agricultural exports. First and foremost, exports to Mexico during 1989-99 were significantly higher compared with other observations in the sample. This result is obtained both at the aggregate level and for fourteen different commodities. Unilateral reforms by Mexico to open its market in the 1980s ...
- Burfisher, M.E.; Robinson, S.; Thierfelder, K.
- American journal of agricultural economics 2002 v.84 no.3 pp. 774
- agricultural products, etc ; agricultural policy; economic impact; world markets; trade; World Trade Organization; Show all 6 Subjects
In this paper, we analyze the effects of agricultural policy reform by three OECD members who are major economies in world agricultural trade-the United States, the European Union (EU), and Japan. We use a multi-country computable general equilibrium (CGE) model with detailed treatment of the agricultural trade and domestic policies in OECD countries. Our framework takes into account the differen ...