Jump to Main Content
- Palmer, M.V.; Waters, W.R.; Whipple, D.L.
- Tuberculosis 2002 v.82 no.6 pp. 275
- host strains, etc ; bovine tuberculosis; Mycobacterium bovis; infection; aerosols; inoculation methods; animal models; calves; lesions (animal); tissue distribution; disease severity; dose response; cattle diseases; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Setting: Although animal models of aerosol inoculation of Mycobacterium tuberculosis and M. bovis have been reported using laboratory animals, a model of aerosol delivery of M. bovis to cattle has not been reported previously. Objective: Develop and characterize a model of aerosol delivery of M. bovis to cattle, and compare the distribution of lesions in cattle infected with either of two differen ...
- Zhou, Yuchan; Jobin-Decor, Marcelle; Dahler, Janelle; Wills, Ron; Underhill, Steven; Graham, Michael W.
- Acta horticulturae 2002 no.575 (2)
- host strains, etc ; DNA; Escherichia coli; catechol oxidase; gene expression; pineapples; Show all 6 Subjects
- ... To study factors influencing the development of pineapple blackheart we are undertaking functional analyses of a polyphenol oxidase promoter whose expression is induced in blackheart affected tissues. Since transgenic pineapple fruit take three years to develop, such an analysis must be undertaken using transient assays. In this report we describe experiments aimed at optimising a transient assay ...