Jump to Main Content
- Shearer, K.D., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Aquaculture 2002 no.1/4 pp. 215-225
- Oncorhynchus mykiss; digestible protein; amino acids; digestible energy; fish feeding; feeds; fish meal; extrusion; temperature; feces; crude protein; nutrient availability
- ... A fish meal/wheat flour based dry ingredient mix was extruded at three different temperatures (100, 125 and 150 degrees C), by varying extrusion conditions according to two different methods. Employing method 1, the temperature of the conditioner, torque, screw speed, pressure, feed rate and process water of the extruder were varied. Whereas in method 2, conditioner temperature and screw speed wer ...
- Shearer, K.D., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Aquaculture 2002 no.1/4 pp. 305-321
- Salmo salar; lactic acid; fermentation; wheat flour; digestibility; nutrient availability; ingredients; energy content; extrusion; sodium
- ... The effects of lactic acid fermentation of wheat and barley whole meal flours (WMF) on digestibility parameters in Atlantic salmon were studied. The WMFs were inoculated with a specific Lactobacillus strain and fermented for 16 h at 30 degrees C prior to mixing with other feed ingredients and processing by extrusion. Fermentation of the WMFs significantly decreased total starch (P<0.01) and total ...