Jump to Main Content
- Tejklová, E.
- Czech journal of genetics and plant breeding 2002 v.38 no.3-4 pp. 125-128
- genetic analysis, etc ; Linum usitatissimum; alleles; ethyl methanesulfonate; flax; monogenic inheritance; mutagenesis; mutants; plant growth; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... After ethyl methane sulfonate (EMS) treatment of two flax lines, curly stem mutations appeared in both, besides of other mutations. Genetic analysis of one CS mutant line confirmed a monogenic inheritance of the changed stem shape. The curly stem allele is partially dominant over the wild type allele for straight stem. Homozygotic mutants have a curly stem, heterozygotic plants have a flexuous ste ...
- Mowat, Garth; Paetkau, David
- Wildlife biology 2002 v.8 no.3 pp. 201-209
- genetic analysis, etc ; DNA; Glaucomys sabrinus; Martes americana; Mustela erminea; Tamiasciurus hudsonicus; carnivores; flight; genotyping; habitats; hair trap; hairs; mice; microsatellite repeats; population distribution; population size; probability; roots; snow; squirrels; trapping; voles; xylene; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... We tested non-invasive genetic methods for estimating the abundance of marten Martes americana using baited glue-patch traps to pull hair samples from individual animals. We divided our 800–km² study area into 3 × 3 km cells and put one hair trap in each cell. We trapped 309 sites for an average of 15 days each between 15 January and 14 March 1997. Based on tracks in snow and hair morphology, we c ...