Jump to Main Content
- Yuan, Y.; Bingner, R.L.; Rebich, R.A.
- Transactions of the ASAE 2001 v.44 no.5 pp. 1183
- watersheds; crop production; crop management; cover crops; winter; pollution control; water pollution; erosion control; water erosion; sediment yield; simulation models; agricultural land; losses from soil; runoff; prediction; best management practices; nonpoint source pollution; Mississippi
- ... Sediment and its associated pollutants entering a water body can be very destructive to the health of that system. Best Management Practices (BMPs) can be used to reduce these pollutants, but understanding the most effective practices is very difficult. Watershed models are the most cost-effective tools to aid in the decision-making process of selecting the BMP that is most effective in reducing t ...
- Novak, J.M.; Watts, D.W.; Stone, K.C.; Johnson, M.H.
- Transactions of the ASAE 2001 v.44 no.5 pp. 1201
- coastal plains; watersheds; herbicide residues; alachlor; ametryn; cyanazine; metolachlor; atrazine; herbicides; losses from soil; streams; water pollution; agricultural land; seasonal variation; North Carolina
- ... Herbicide detection in surface water sources has caused concern about contamination of these sources and adverse effects on human and aquatic health. Understanding surface water herbicide transport from agriculturally intensive watersheds is useful for development of herbicide best management practices to reduce off-site movement. The seasonal occurrence and load of five herbicides exported by a s ...