Jump to Main Content
- Yuan, Y.; Bingner, R.L.; Rebich, R.A.
- Transactions of the ASAE 2001 v.44 no.5 pp. 1183-1190
- watersheds; crop production; crop management; cover crops; winter; pollution control; water pollution; erosion control; water erosion; sediment yield; simulation models; agricultural land; losses from soil; runoff; prediction; best management practices; nonpoint source pollution; Mississippi
- ... Sediment and its associated pollutants entering a water body can be very destructive to the health of that system. Best Management Practices (BMPs) can be used to reduce these pollutants, but understanding the most effective practices is very difficult. Watershed models are the most cost-effective tools to aid in the decision-making process of selecting the BMP that is most effective in reducing t ...
- Sharpley, A.N.; Kleinman, P.; McDowell, R.
- Communications in soil science and plant analysis 2001 v.32 no.7/8 pp. 1071-1100
- phosphorus; phosphorus fertilizers; nitrogen; nitrogen fertilizers; animal manures; losses from soil; pollution control; leaching; runoff; crop management; application methods; soil fertility; application rate; best management practices
- ... Agriculture, particularly livestock agriculture, is receiving increasing public scrutiny due to non-point source phosphorus (P) pollution and eutrophication. Much of today's situation may be attributed to system level trends in specialization and intensification that result in excess P entering livestock farms. Balancing P at the farm gate represents a necessary step for long-term soil and water q ...
- L. G. Bundy; T. W. Andraski; J. M. Powell
- Journal of environmental quality 2001 v.30 no.5 pp. 1822-1828
- phosphorus; losses from soil; runoff; Zea mays; crop production; crop management
- ... Phosphorus losses in runoff from cropland can contribute to nonpoint-source pollution of surface waters. Management practices in corn (Zea mays L.) production systems may influence P losses. Field experiments with treatments including differing soil test P levels, tillage and manure application combinations, and manure and biosolids application histories were used to assess these management practi ...