Jump to Main Content
- Ulrich, R.L.; Hughes, T.A.
- Journal of applied microbiology 2001 v.91 no.6 pp. 1067-1073
- triose-phosphate isomerase, etc ; DNA; DNA fragmentation; DNA primers; Geobacillus stearothermophilus; Lactobacillus acidophilus; Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. lactis; Southern blotting; bacteriocins; clones; gel chromatography; glycolysis; high performance liquid chromatography; open reading frames; operon; polymerase chain reaction; protein synthesis; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Aims: A cell wall-associated lactacin B inducer protein (IP) was purified from Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. lactis ATCC 4797 (Lact. lactis) by chromatofocusing and gel filtration HPLC (Barefoot et al. 1994). Methods and Results: N-terminal sequence of the purified IP was used to design an oligonucleotide (24-mer) for gene identification by Southern and colony hybridizations. Southern hybridiza ...
- Kursula, Inari; Partanen, Sanna; Lambeir, AnneâMarie; Antonov, Dmitry M.; Augustyns, Koen; Wierenga, Rik K.
- European journal of biochemistry 2001 v.268 no.19 pp. 5189-5196
- triose-phosphate isomerase, etc ; active sites; catalytic activity; crystal structure; oxygen; Show all 5 Subjects
- ... The crystal structure of leishmania triosephosphate isomerase (TIM) complexed with 2â(NâformylâNâhydroxy)âaminoethyl phosphonate (IPP) highlights the importance of Asn11 for binding and catalysis. IPP is an analogue of the substrate dâglyceraldehydeâ3âphosphate, and it is observed to bind with its aldehyde oxygen in an oxyanion hole formed by ND2 of Asn11 and NE2 of His95. Comparis ...